Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Sneaky!

In the past two weeks we have begun to have a problem at Kylie's nap time.  She wants to play instead of sleep.  Now, I am not saying that she has always loved her nap or laid down with no problems but she has generally been really good with her nap time.  She lays down without too much of a fight and usually sleeps for at least 2 hours. 

I thought that I would have a problem with nap time when we switched to a toddler bed (which we did a couple of months ago) but she never got out of bed.  She knew that she was able to, because she climbed in bed by herself, but she just never got up...........until last week.  Last week I put her in bed for her nap and about 45 minutes later I thought I heard something.  It was her, she had not been asleep at all.  She had lined up chairs next to her bed, had dolls, coloring books, and play food all in her bed, and she was naked, yes naked, from the waist down!  I have no idea what she was doing, but she was so sneaky about it.  Our house is not that big and her bedroom is just off of the living room so I can't believe I didn't hear her. 


She has got out of bed several times since then.  I find her asleep in the floor beside the bed or in the closet with the door shut when I go to get her up from her nap.  Luckily she still doesn't get up at night, I think she doesn't because it is dark and we don't put a night light in her room.  I try to get on to her for getting up but it is so funny to me that it is hard to be stern with her about it. 

The amazing thing is how sneaky she is about it.  Hopefully, the sneaky trend doesn't continue into later years or it won't be so funny. :)


  

No comments: